The research themes of the Inorganic Chemistry and Catalysis group.
- Catalyst synthesis, including assembly of microporous and mesoporous materials.
- Development of structure-performance relationships and expert systems in heterogeneous catalysis.
- Probing catalytic events with in-situ and operando techniques.
- Probing catalyst synthesis and crystallization processes with in-situ techniques.
- Development of electron tomography and advanced X-ray absorption techniques for catalyst characterization.
- Electron distribution effects in heterogeneous catalysis.
- Activation of methane and alkanes
- Fischer-Tropsch catalysis
- Methanol-to-Hydrocarbon catalysis.
- Catalytic cracking.
- Biomass catalysis, including lignin, cellulose and glycerol conversion.
- Environmental catalysis, including CO oxidation and DeNOx chemistry.
- Photocatalysis, including CO2 and H2O activation by sunlight.
- Carbon supports.
- Hydrogen storage.